The tower with the Guelf battlements and the old entrance, the Knights’ hall and the wine cellars form the original nucleus of the medieval fortress that was built in 1200. Instead, the manor house and chapel are the result of important extension work carried out in 1700 which was then followed by restructuring in the nineteenth century. The building, which is simple and austere in style, is embellished by a cloak of Virginia creeper and ivy. The former terraces were transformed into a spacious courtyard surrounded by century-old chestnut trees.
The cost of just the guided visit is 10 euros for adults and 5 euros for children.
Guided visits are available every day of the week and Sunday afternoon, but advance bookings are required.
The Castle is open to the public with advance booking for guided visits, walks in the vineyards, wine tastings accompanied by local products, private or company events, concerts, exhibitions and special evenings.Accommodation isalso available in the Castle Guesthouse.
For information and for bookings contact:
cell. +39 348 303 6243